'A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.'(Eccl.10:19)
Though money can’t replace the call of God upon your life, money will help to actualize the call of God. Lack of money has made many to be frustrated out of ministry. Consequently as a minister of God unless otherwise directed by God, you may need to be involved in one business or the other.
• Shortage of money can make your vision to become stunted.
• Shortage of money can make you to abandon your calling and give yourself an assignment which God knows nothing about.
• Shortage of money can make it appear as if God did not call you.
• Shortage of money can make you to sell your dignity for mere portage.
• Shortage of money can make you to lose your respect in ministry.
• Shortage of money can make a wife who is not well grounded in the spirit to start going after other men.
• Shortage of money of money can make you to submit to other gods.
The reason why it is sensitive is that many people feel strongly about it because of what they are going through financially.
WHY THERE ARE SHORTAGE OF FUNDS.
⁃ Ignorance of God’s financial dealing with you.
⁃ Throwing away what is in your hands at the point of call, too early.
⁃ Going into what God did not call you into.
⁃ Lack of knowledge about how to go about your assignment.
⁃ Sin, which may dry up your source of funds.
⁃ A means of calling your attention to what God is saying.
⁃ Concentrating on wants instead of need in ministry.
THE THREE CATEGORIES OF GOD’S FINANCIAL DEALING WITH PASTORS.
1. ADAMS DEALING – A situation in which everything needed is provided without you asking. (Gen.2:8&9)
2. MOSES DEALING – A situation in which God would have so prepared the mind of people you are leading that they easily respond to your needs and requests. (Ex.35:4-7; 36:6-7)
3. PAUL’S DEALING – A situation in which you have to work to support the assignment that God has given you financially. (Act.20:34-35)
MINDSETS THAT WILL ENHANCE THE MINISTER’S BUSINESS.
⁃ There is really no secular business for a minister of God, as you can use your business to advance the gospel.
⁃ Even your ministry assignment is a very serious business.
⁃ You must passionately believe in your business and be proud to tell anyone that cares to know, that you are in business.
BUSINESS PRINCIPLES THAT WILL HELP YOU AS A MINISTER OF GOD.
• Giving God priority in timing.
• Giving God priority in tithing and involvement in kingdom projects.
• Diligence. (Prov.6:6-8; Prov.22:29)
• Using your business as a mission field.
Your vision need funds to be actualized. Consequently, except otherwise divinely directed, you may need to get yourself involved in one business or the other. God will never be against you doing a business, except when it clashes with His own interest by competing unfavorably with God’s assignment in your hands. Consequently, we must disabuse our mind from the mentality that a man of God must not do any secular business as God may even use your business to expand your territory of influence, at the same time, God may also use your ministry to open up honest business opportunities for you as a minister of God.