Dr. Mike Oluniyi.
(Being a message delivered during the Apostolic Leadership Summit, held on Monday 19th September 2022)
“And Samuel said unto all Israel, Behold, I have hearkened unto your voice in all that ye said unto me, and have made a king over you. And now, behold, the king walketh before you: and I am old and grayheaded; and, behold, my sons are with you: and I have walked before you from my childhood unto this day. Behold, here I am: witness against me before the LORD, and before his anointed: whose ox have I taken? or whose ass have I taken? or whom have I defrauded? whom have I oppressed? or of whose hand have I received any bribe to blind mine eyes therewith? and I will restore it you. And they said, Thou hast not defrauded us, nor oppressed us, neither hast thou taken ought of any man's hand. And he said unto them, The LORD is witness against you, and his anointed is witness this day, that ye have not found ought in my hand. And they answered, He is witness.” (1Sam.12:1-5)
What Is Integrity?
Integrity is the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles. It is about being the same person when no one sees you and when you are in the midst of everyone that matters.
A minister of God who has integrity is a minister who will say the truth at all times and will not use the Holy Spirit to cover up dishonesty. Such a minister will strive to be morally upright in his dealings in and outside the ministry.
Today, many don’t respect ministers of God because we have lost trust. We have lost trust with both men and God because one of the major implications of lack of integrity is loss of trust.
WHY IS INTEGRITY IMPORTANT FOR A MINISTER OF GOD?
• The God whom you are representing through your calling is holy and dependable.
• You are a model to believers.
• You are a like a moral compass for unbelievers.
• Lack of integrity will bring you down from whatever level that God has ten you to in ministry.
• It helps you to deliver God’s message without fear of contradiction.
• It helps you not to give room for the accusation of the enemy.
• It helps to sustain your testimony.
POSSIBLE AREAS OF LOSING YOUR INTEGRITY AS A MINISTER OF GOD.( John 14:30b)
• Saying the absolute truth.
• Can you be trusted with members of the opposite sex?
• Can you be trusted with money?
• Embellished exploits.
• Deceitful offerings.
• Deceitful alter calls.
• Your pronouncement on the altar, did God really say it?
WHY ARE MEN INTEGRITY SCARCE IN THE MINISTRY TODAY?(2Cor.4:18)
• Ignorance of the gravity of the implications of lack of integrity.
• Many of us have become so familiar with God that we don’t fear Him any longer.
• We feel that prayer is more important than obedience.
• We feel that we are not in ministry until we are in it full time.
• Many of us are outside God’s genuine calling.
• Pride, position consciousness and embarking on things which you are really not capable of doing.
• We are covetous and lack the ability to wait for God’s time.
CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF INTEGRITY.
• Your ministry may be cut short.
• Your ministry may not make any mark.
• You may not have relevance as a result of lack of trust.
• You may lack helpers in ministry.
• You may lose your vision and become stunted in your spiritual growth.
• Breeding of dishonest followers.
• Inability to finish strong.
As ministers of God, we must realize the fact that one of the most important requirements of ministry is integrity. As you you are here today, be honest with yourself: Is there any area of life where you have to ask for God’s mercy and help? I think it will be wisdom for you to go ahead and beg God to have mercy on you. May you receive mercy in Jesus name.