ANY ALTERNATIVE TO YOUR SPOUSE IS DEADLY TO YOUR HOME
“For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’ So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” (Matt. 19:5-6)
An alternative attraction is a member of the opposite sex from whom you derive part or whole of the pleasure that you are supposed to derive from your spouse.
In the life of a marriage, either spouse must interact with members of the opposite sex. In the process of interacting with others, temptation comes; something catches your attention about a member of the opposite sex. Sometimes it is immediate, but most of the time it happens as you continue to work closely with them, share personal experiences with them or something brings you close to them often. Often, it happens quite innocently as the person you are attracted to does not have the intention of seducing you but at other times, there is a deliberate attempt to do so. Once you are affected, your spouse gradually becomes less attractive to you. Ultimately, such alternative attraction goes beyond ordinary help and goes into sexual involvement which becomes really deadly to your home.
Some of the men who have been involved in extramarital affairs may claim to still be attracted to their wives despite their affairs. The truth is that when you are initially involved in an affair, you may still be considering your spouse and home but you will get to a stage when you become so used to it that you will throw caution to the winds, damn any apparent consequences, and in fact do everything possible to do away with your spouse. Some of the things that cheating spouses do are as follows:
1. They tell lies to cover their tracks and when the one they told before is about to be exposed they manufacture a bigger one.
2. Their interest in the welfare of their spouse reduces with time.
3. Their relationship with God gets negatively impacted.
4. They become gradually ready to do away with anyone, including their spouse, who opposes their plan.
5. They waste a lot of resources that could have been spent or invested on their family on the alternative attraction.
6. They tend to forget the good side of their spouse and remember only the ugly side of their spouse. At a stage, they either abandon their home or do anything possible to drive out their spouse.
7. They tend to become closer to people they were not close to before, such as members of their family, who support such moves they are making.
Once there is an alternative attraction, your sweetheart who you could not do without may become the devil who you have to do away with by all means. If you want to make your marriage successful, avoid getting involved in a relationship with the opposite sex. Don’t start it at all, because once started, it may be very difficult to break.
Any alternative to your spouse is deadly to your home.
Discussion Points With Your Spouse
May I never be involved in digging grave for my marriage by having an alternative attraction to my spouse in Jesus’ name.
ONCE THERE IS ALTERNATIVE ATTRACTION, YOUR SPOUSE BECOMES LESS ATTRACTIVE TO YOU. – Dr. Mike Oluniyi.