Main Text: Amos 6:1-2
Woe to you who are at ease in Zion, And trust in Mount Samaria,…(Amos 6:1)
The battle of ease is the kind of battle that is personally waged against your marriage ignorantly by you yourself when you feel that you have ‘arrived’. This battle is self-inflicted and so it is a difficult battle since you may not even be aware that you are the one waging the war against your home.
As human beings, we often manage success with carelessness. When God has blessed us, we have the feeling that the success is due to our wisdom and therefore often become proud and ungovernable and start going after what we should not really pursue. We often fail to realize that our success is by the mercy of God. Many who kept their homes through the period of lack, often fail when success comes. You may not know a man that is faithful to God and his marriage vows until success comes. A man who appeared to love his wife during the period that he is struggling may start seeing the faults that were not visible to him when God blesses him with a good car and considerable income. A woman may also ignorantly cause her home a lot of damage when success comes. The battle of ease must be fought and won so that the story of your marital life that started well will end well.
How To Win The Battle Of Ease
• Have a mentor that your spouse can report you to because the battle of ease creates an illusion of invincibility around you which makes you to feel too important for anyone to talk to.
• Humble yourself as it will help you to win the battle of ease.
• Be grateful to God; many that are better than you have ended up with bitter stories.
• Make up your mind that you will always be open to the counsel of your spouse.
• Put God first and be prayerful.
• Be careful of the friends you keep.
• Make up your mind that when success comes, you will remain faithful to God and to your marital vows.
Discussion Points With Your Spouse
* Is there any way that the above message is referring to either of you?
* Just in case there is need to do so, is there any one you respect, to whom your spouse may report you and you will do what he or she asked you to do unquestionably?
Father, at any level of prosperity that you may take me to, let me remain humble so that I will not lose the battle of ease in Jesus’ name.
(For further reading; Deut.8:11-18)
YOU MAY NEVER KNOW A MAN THAT IS FAITHFUL TO HIS MARITAL VOWS UNTIL GOD BLESSES HIM WITH MONEY; NOR A WOMAN THAT IS SUBMISSIVE UNTIL SHE ASSUMES POWER.- Dr. Mike Oluniyi