MAIN TEXT: 2Tim.3:14-17.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2Tm.3:16-17)
God is the creator of marriage. N, it is only natural that He knows the best strategies to use to keep your home a delight. As a result of that, one of the greatest advice you can ever receive if you want to have a delightsome home is that you should always allow the creator of marriage to minister to you. When you do, the following will happen to you:
– You will get to know that it is not good for you to be alone.(Gen.2:18)
– You will be ready to sacrifice greatly for the unity of your home.(Jn.3:27)
– You will realize that your spouse is the best help for your life.(Gen.2:18b)
– You will realize that romance with your spouse is biblical.(Gen.26:8)
– You will realize that your spouse is your burden bearer.(Eccl.4:9-12)
– You will realize that forgiveness should be unlimited.(Matt.18:21-22)
– You will know that nothing should really separate you.(Mk.10:9)
– You will realize that your prayers and even eternity may be in jeopardy when it is not well with your marital relationship. (1Pet.3:7)
– You will realize that God hates divorce.(Mal.2:16)
– You will learn the best description of love.(1Cor.13:4-8)
– You will realize that a lot of the battles we fight in marriage are spiritual.(Jn.10:10)
God has the best ideas tha us t can help your marriage and make it delightsome if you allow Him to minister to you. One major question which you should ask yourself is whether you even have a relationship with God. If you don’t have a relationship with Him, the wisest decision that you can ever take in life is to give your life to Him and I sincerely counsel you to do that straightaway. However, if you have a relationship with Him, you may still need to ask yourself how the relationship is. The stronger your relationship with God, the greater your chances of making it in marriage. Most of the principles that make marriage delightsome are embedded in the scriptures and with our depth in God; some of them may be tasking for you.
DISCUSSION POINTS WITH YOUR SPOUSE
* How is our individual relationship with God and how can we help each other to make it better?
* Do we study the scriptures together as a family? How often?
* Do we really allow the word of God to guide us in our decisions in this family?
Father, may we be humble enough to allow your word to guide us in our day-to-day decisions in this family in Jesus’ name.
THERE IS NO IDEA ON MARRIAGE THAT WILL BE BETTER THAN THAT OF ITS CREATOR; DON’T IGNORE GOD’S WORD! – Dr. Mike Oluniyi